What do I blog about?

Friday, October 21, 2011

BBQ chicken n apple slaw

If you haven't happened upon the beautiful world of pinterest yet, I highly recommend that you go check it out. It was there that I got my idea to make a BBQ pulled chicken sandwich with apple slaw, (yes, I'm still on my apple kick. Actually picking more apples today; so excited!) My husband even brought home some gluten free dinner rolls, so I got to eat the whole sandwich and not just its guts. Ah- the little things... :)

I set some frozen chicken breasts in the croc pot with a cup of apple juice and a jar of BBQ sauce. Cooked them on high until I could pull apart the meat with two forks. In a separate bowl, I tossed some shredded cabbage and sliced apples with my grandmas (Hi- Gumgum) salad dressing and let it chill in the refrigerator. And to serve, I toasted the rolls with a slice of provolone cheese in the oven before I topped it with the chicken and the cold slaw.

Salad Dressing:
1/2 c mayo
1/4 c sugar
1/8 c vinegar (we like to use apple cider vinegar)

1 comment: